With mobile marketing and native advertising quickly becoming the main focus for many brands and marketers in the world today, it’s still important to realize the potential and power of email marketing. Not only is a medium that nearly everyone in the world is currently using, it’s also something that can now be targeted towards in more ways than ever before.
Here are just a few ways email marketing can help start and grow your business or brand into much more.
- Mailing List – A mailing list or newsletter is simply one of the best ways to grow your following, while also capturing your site visitors before they leave and never come back.
- Scheduling – Omnisend data confirmed that the best day to send promotional email is Thursday, the second is Tuesday.
- Autoresponders – Automate the email follow-up process and build a valuable relationship by sending engaging and valuable emails (your best content) on a weekly or monthly basis. With an autoresponder series you can write your email series once, then have it sent your mailing list time and time again.
- Email Capture Offers – Grabbing the email address of your audience is one of the best ways to start a lead generation process… especially if the offer is focused on purchasing something or it’s a multi-page process with a high drop off rate. Collect the email from the beginning, so you can follow up later on.
- Retargeting – Retargeting has completely changed the way advertising is done online when it comes to existing audiences. Two of the most popular retargeting methods are through pixel placements and email address. If you already have an existing email list, you can import those emails into Facebook Ads or Google Adwords and start delivering display advertising just to those users — thus lowering ad costs and increasing conversions.
- Webinar Mailing List – Every time you run a webinar, you are likely using a new signup form to grant people access. Collecting these emails and building a new list of just those interested in your webinar is huge for conversions and ROI. Follow up to this list of webinar attendees before, during and after the webinar to increase sales and engagement.
- Segmented Lists – Most sites have just one big mailing list. Through segmentation and building smaller targeted lists, site owners and marketers can know exactly who their audiences are and why they decided to join a list (content upgrades, promotions, free offer, training etc.)
The crazy thing about the email marketing methods listed above, is that nearly all of us know about them, yet the majority of us still aren’t actually using them within our businesses. This usually just comes down to lack of action or simply running out of time and forgetting to make the additions.
However, setting up a few of these options might only take 15-30 minutes of your time and can increase overall revenue/profit heavily! If you don’t have a list already, it’s also extremely low-cost and easy to get started. Also, if you need any help or guidance on how to set all of this up, simply follow my email marketing basics course on Udemy.
Now that we’ve covered some of the most effective ways to email marketing today, let’s take a look at some industry stats to remind us just how effective email marketing can be.
37 Email Marketing Stats to Blow Your Mind!
Special thanks to AfterOffers.com for creating this awesome infographic of email marketing stats from leading email marketing and data management companies. I’ve listed a few of my favorite stats below. Then refer to the infographic for all 37 of them.
- Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email, and can generate 6x more revenue. – Experian
- Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. – Ascend2
- 95% of companies using marketing automation are taking advantage of email marketing. – Regalix
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices. – Campaign Monitor
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
- 81% of online shoppers who receive emails based on previous shopping habits were at least somewhat likely to make a purchase as a result of targeted email. – eMarketer
- 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. – MarketingSherpa
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%. – DMA
- 50% of marketers anticipate their company’s spend on email to increase during 2015. – DMA
- The total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.3 billion accounts by year-end 2016. – Radicati Group