Whenever we talk about SEO, we divide it into On-Site and Off-Site SEO. Off-Site SEO mainly contains backlinksand social signals. In particular, to increase your ranking in SERP’s, you need to get high quality links from other authority websites.
We all know the importance of search engine traffic and that it is one of the best ways to improve your blogs and get better search engine traffic and better results. This post lists 51 ways to get high quality backlinks to your blog.
When you build backlinks, you need to keep in mind the quality of the links and the anchor text variations. Instead of just creating many backlinks on your homepage, you should start creating links to internal pages.
Before we move ahead, you can use the below widget to check number of backlinks for your domain or your competitors domain name:
You can start working on resource pages like “WordPress guide” and build links to them. This way, you can also target Single or double word keywords easily.
Don’t opt for link networks (Build my rank was one of such private link network, which got penalized)
Avoid BlogRoll links
Article directory links are not that effective anymore
So, these are something to keep in mind when you start a high quality backlink building campaign. Of all the existing methods, guest posts is the best way to get a high quality link and in addition, it will help you direct traffic to your website.
Smart SEO guide to building quality backlinks :
1. Broken link building:
This method will help you to earn quick backlinks from high-quality pages. Broken link building technique is to find broken links on a website (related to your niche) and email the content owner and notify them about broken link. Along with that, give them a similar link from your website (Similar content which you already have to create one), and ask them to update their post.
2. Get high quality links from document sharing sites:
Convert your blog posts to pdf and submit it to document sharing sites, Here are some of the best document sharing sites:
Convert one of your long articles into an ebook and use kdp.amazon.com to publish it in the Amazon store. Of course, you would like to keep the book as free, and you can add your brand name to the description. Now, Amazon does not allow links in the description, but this citation is so powerful that it would help you improve your backlink profile.
4. Social Networking Site Profile
This is one great and under-utilized method you can use to get quality backlinks to your website.
Many social bookmarking and social networking sites have a high page rank. This rank will flow to your account.
You can get a lot of quality backlinks by simply adding your website URL in the about field of social networking sites.
Here are some of the sites to get started:
Many of these sites allow you to add links to your website and other sites in your bio. You should do that. It is very important not to underestimate the power of these links, but to make effective use of them.
This method of backlink building is not for everyone, but it definitely makes a significant difference, if done right!
A high quality Infographic is still the most effective way to earn a backlink. This technique works for not so popular niche. What you really need is a high quality & informative Infographic. If you have a designer in your team, you can ask him to create one or use any freelancing sites.
Once your Infographic is ready, you need to do the reach out to bloggers who are more likely to publish your infographic on their blog. In the source, they usually link out to your website & this is an effective way to create high quality one way backlink.
Another great way to get high-quality backlinks into your blog is to use press release websites.
If done right, you can get a lot of high-quality backlinks from press release sites because they deliver content to many smaller pages that are easily picked up by news sites, which means more exposure and more quality backlinks for you.
If you are trying to get the most out of your press releases, make sure you have a newsworthy and attractive title so that more people are interested in your press releases.
You should also make sure that you have a link to your website in the body of your content, to earn a backlink from multiple websites.
7. Guest Blogging
July 2020 update: Seems like Google doesnot like backlink building via guest posting. John Muller; Google’s spokesperson recently added that
“The part that’s problematic is the links — if you’re providing the content/the links, then those links shouldn’t be passing signals & should have the rel-sponsored / rel-nofollow attached. It’s fine to see it as a way of reaching a broader audience.”
So in mo opinion, guest blogging should not be your objective for link building. However, it is still effective for citation, and improving your E-T-A score.
Guest blogging is another great way to build quality one-way backlinks to your website.
Unlike article marketing, the backlinks built through guest blogging are high quality and authority. This is because most blogs you will be guest posting for are highly trusted by Google, and they don’t publish duplicate content.
Many blogs also have a high page rank, and your article can stay on their homepage for some time.
If you write a great article, then you can even get more people to link to it. This means more authority which transfers over to your website.
Many people question whether or not blog commenting can be used to build backlinks.
Even though you should never go and spam someone’s blog trying to get backlinks, you can still use this method to your advantage by writing valuable comments.
It is also important to know:
No-follow comments are useless for building backlinks.
Do-follow comments are the best. However, these days getting do-follow comment backlink is tough.
1. Submit Guest Post to Other Blogs
2. Comment on do-follow blogs and make sure these blogs are relevant to your own blogs. They might not carry too-much of link value, but it will still be beneficial for overall link-profile of your blog.
3. Start Relevant Threads in Forums and Link to Your Blog Posts
5. Social bookmarking is also considered as backlinks and you should target following network: Google plus, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest to name a few.
6. Make Use of Discussion Boards by Linking to Your Blog in threads. Quora is one such HQ discussion board.
7. Make Use of Blogging Communities by Submitting Your Blog Posts to Them, some great places to start are Blog Engage, Inbound
8. Ask Questions related to your blog in Answer Sites like Yahoo Answers and Link to Your Blog in your questions
9. Answer Questions in Yahoo Answers and Cite Your Blog as the Source
10. Interlink to your blog and other posts on your blog when writing on your blog.
11. Exchange links with other bloggers in your niche. Make sure to form link pyramid and keep it natural.
12. Submit Your Blog to Top Blogging directories (Again quality mattes here)
13. Write a mail to influencers who write on the same topic and encourage them to share it on social network. You never know how much one sweet email can make a huge difference.
14. Submit your blog to top niche directories
15. Network with other bloggers in your niche (Online and offline) and links will automatically follow you.
16. Submit your blog posts to all social bookmarking sites you know
20. Work on making your blog go viral on top social bookmarking sites, this alone can bring you tons of quality backlinks from authority sites.
22. Make use of press releases, and send press-release about important updates from your blog. You can also compare best product in your niche and send a press release for the same.
23. Submit your RSS feed to RSS directories, here is a list of RSS directories to get started.
24. Most forums have a website review forum, review your blog on this forums.
26. Release a free WordPress plugin and include a link to your blog in it. But don’t keep it sitewide, as sitewide anchor text links are bad.
29. Review top companies and products and they might link back to you. A good idea is to reach out to them, and let them know about your review. They often have a press page, where they list all the great reviews about them. You can strategically pick products from companies where they highlight reviews on their website.
30. Do a weekly link love post and link to many bloggers, they will most likely return the favour. Take advantage of outbound link SEO.
31. Interview top bloggers and ask them to help you share on their favourite social networks and their fans will link to your interview.
32. Provide testimonials for marketers and also provide your link when doing so, they will most likely link back to you.
37. Write news posts and try to be one of the first people to write it.
42. Write a post comparing some top gurus in your niche.
44. Trade articles with other bloggers in your niche.
46. Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs, Google so much loves backlinks from these sites and regards them as an authority.
47. Make use of Facebook groups.
48. Create a Wikipedia Page For Yourself and include your link in the resource section.
51. Start a blogging contest and make linking to your blog one of the requirements.
52. Sponsor blogging contest and you will get a lot of backlinks from this.
53. Donate to charity sites, many of them will link back to your site.
54. Build a great tool and many people will link to your tool and your blog.
55. Do a big product launch.
56. Make the news at any cost.
57. Release your own Chrome addon or Firefox extension and have a page dedicated to it, many people will link to it!
58. Blog about celebrities.
59. Render your services to top people in your niche.
60. Write 101 posts, they tend to get more social and natural link love.
61. Design a top bloggers award and give it to as many bloggers as you can in your niche, they will link back to you.
62. Contact your theme designer and tell them to use your website as an example in their portfolio, they will most likely include a link back to your blog.
63. Create manuals and long tutorial posts on your blog, this type of post do receive lots of backlinks.
64. Create a great ebook or membership site and make linking to your blog the requirement to get it.
65. Submit your resume to resume directories while linking to your blog in your resume.
66. Write how-to posts, they also tend to get more backlinks.
67. Write posts that starts with numbers e.g. “7 ways to…”, these type of posts do tend to get backlinks.
68. Submit your images to image directories and include a link to your blog in its copyright notice and as a requirement to use it.
69. Join blogging contest and you will most probably get backlinks if you win.
70. Have a “link to us” or “spread the word” page on your blog while asking your readers to link to you – it is important to make it easy for them by putting your direct HTML code there using your desired anchor text.
71. Submit your website to local business directories, backlinks from these sites are regarded by Google as an authority.
72. Write on about.com and link to your blog in it, this will likely be crawled and used by a lot of websites thereby increasing backlinks to your blog.
74. Do very costly jokes on your blog but indicate it is a joke underneath the post (tricky? aha!), e.g., “Apple has bought Google for $260Billion”, something like this will get tons of links and retweets before people even know that it is a joke.
75. Create niche specific tutorials, which are not only unique but help the community. Such tutorial articles get lots of backlinks.
76. Create viral YouTube videos and include links to your blog in the video and its description.
78. Offer lots of free downloads on your blogs.
79. Update your blog regularly because this will make more people trust your website and it will also make you rank for more keywords which mean more traffic and eventually more backlinks.
80. Write a great post with a lot of pictures in it – let the post be pictures only.
81. Write a post comparing various companies and services and which is the best, the best company will most likely link to it.
82. Compare different top products and link to them, people will most likely link to it e.g. You can compare a Mac with a PC. Ensure you compare products which are related to your niche.
83. Get a collection of high quality paid things and make them available for free (make sure you are not violating the copyright of the owner in any way!)
84. Create a directory for your blog and make it important to reciprocate links with you by giving those who link to you higher placement and giving them free featuring on your homepage.
85. Beta test a lot of products and give your review and tips on improving the product, the owner might just link to you.
86. Run surveys on your blog and publish the results for everybody to see, if the survey is good and helpful you will definitely get a lot of backlinks to your blog.
87. Write a list of the “top 10 myths” or “top 10 mistakes” about something.
88. Position yourself as an authority in your niche and try to get attention from the media.
89. Offer to speak at events and seminars related to your niche, don’t forget to mention your blog while introducing yourself, this will most likely help you get some backlinks.
90. Have a special writing style that attracts people.
91. Be transparent on your blog.
93. List your product on eBay or Amazon and include a link back to your blog.
One of the significant benefits of getting links via guest posting is they are of high quality, and they will help you rank higher and increase your domain authority. Though, there are many things which you need to avoid while guest Blogging. Guest post can do wonders when it comes to driving targeted traffic, meeting like-minded bloggers or getting backings. Whatever is the reason you select to guest blog, I would recommend every blogger to try guest posting on other blogs.
Updated December 2018: Removed all low-quality blogs and blogs which have discontinued accepting guest posts. I have also included many new blogs, especially those with a high engagement rate. I will keep updating this list regularly so you may want to bookmark this page 🙂
Most of the blogs listed here are high-quality blogs, and they accept only quality posting. So if you are using it for just link-building and self-promotion, I suggest you read the guest posting guidelines.
Also, if you are new to ShoutMeLoud, we are a blog with over 600+ guest bloggers, and we accept posts related to Blogging, Making money online, SEO, and social media niche.
Blogging/Marketing/ High Domain authority blogs.
Some blogs accept topics related to Blogging but the acceptance rate is low on many of them. You need to come with a masterpiece to get your post published on sites like ShoutMeLoud, Problogger, Dailyblogtips. Also, it takes time before your post gets published. So, depending on your requirement, you should check with every blog acceptance guidelines.
All of us wants to give more exposure to our blog, and there are various ways by which you can increase your blog exposure and also improve traffic. Submitting your blog to blog directories will help you in multiple ways:
Your blog will be exposed to a completely new audience.
Traffic from blog directories is highly targeted.
You will be generating a good number of backlinks to your blog.
I was experimenting with one niche site call “Moviesonhacking” which I’m working on, and I used blog directories to see the effect on search engine ranking. Here is the list of verified blog directories where you can submit your blog. This list is manually verified by @Sharatnik and thanks to him for creating such epic list of blog directories.
Verified Blog Directories to submit your blog:
I recommend you to first make a new notepad file and write few details like:
Name of the blog:
URL of the blog:
Feed URL of the blog
Description of the blog in 2-3 lines
As this will make the submission task easier. I have broken down the list into:
I’m not a big fan of websites which requires a reciprocal link or ask you to add a badge, and I suggest the same with you. Apart from that this list is manually verified and you can start submitting your blog right now. You should also open this post (Exclusive list to submit your blog and make sure your blog is added to that list too.
Reciprocal Link/badge Required —————————
We also have one list for do follow forums which you can use to get few more do follow backlinks to your blog. If you are going to share this list on any forum or on your blog, do consider giving credit to this article. If you know any other blog directory where one should submit their blog, let me know via comments.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.