Guest Post Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Unitagged . We welcome guest posts from fellow bloggers who want to widen their reach, get noticed by readers of our website, and promote their personal blog or website.
BENEFITS OF GUEST POSTING
If your post is accepted for publication you will receive:
- The opportunity to introduce yourself to a new audience.
- Two do-follow links: One link will be to a specific post/page on your site, and the other will be to your home page in your author bio.
- Author bio: Includes the link to your home page plus links to three social media channels.
- Article promotion through our social media.
Got professional insights in any of these topics?
If yes, we would love to hear from you:
- Performance marketing
- Native advertising
- Affiliate marketing
- Video advertising
- Programmatic advertising
- Online marketing
- Digital advertising and marketing campaigns
- Conversion optimization
- Content marketing
- Social media
GUEST POST GUIDELINES
To ensure the best chance for your article to be accepted, please read the following guest post guidelines.
- English: Please check your spelling and grammar! We recommend using Grammarly.
- Length: 1,000 words is the minimum.
- Well formatted: Please use subtitles to break up your sections and short sentences and paragraphs so it is easy to read.
- Word Doc or Google Doc: Please submit the finished article in either of these formats (not in the body of an email).
We expect that all articles submitted are about your own experience, not those of someone else or a researched article about a place you’ve never been, or an experience you’ve never had.
- Header Image: One image that is large enough to be used for the header image which is 1920 X 640 px. This image will also be used as a featured image (1000 X 667) px and a Pinterest image (1080 x 1080 px).
- Post Images: At least 3 high-quality images that are cropped (or can be cropped) to 1000 X 667 px. If you are writing a list-type post (e.g. Top 10 important Things to Do in Seo) then please include at least one image for every two things mentioned in the post.
- Your Own Photos: You must have the rights to publish the photos OR if you source photos from places such as Pixabay or Flickr, please provide a link to each of these photos with the appropriate creative commons license. It is your responsibility to ensure there are no copyright infringements.
- No Selfies: The focus of the photo should be the destination or attraction you are writing about. Photos can include people, but they should not be the focus of the photo. For example, a photo of a crowded street is fine, but not a photo of yourself or someone else in front of a particular attraction.
We will read each post for content and quality and may come back to you with suggested or required edits prior to publishing.
We reserve the right to format the article to keep it in line with our website design (e.g. heading colours, button designs etc.).
Please also include an author bio that includes two to three sentences about you and your website and links to your website and social media.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
- We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from Unitagged.
If the submitted article does not meet the guidelines above or we don’t believe the quality is appropriate for our site, the post will not be published. With this said, if we have accepted your pitch idea and you’ve met the guidelines then we want to include your post and will work with you (within reason) to ensure it meets our website standards.
A final version of the article will be shared with you for your approval and we will give you scheduled publication date.
Guest Posting Fee
The idea of charging for a guest post submission is nothing new, and we do it as a way of filtering the submissions we get. See, when you open up your site to guest posts publicly, you end up getting an immense number of absolutely terrible submissions. No matter how prominently you promote your guidelines, people will always try to just throw whatever they have at you. By making people pay to submit a guest post, this gates off the low quality submissions. Sites going around trolling for links aren’t going to want to pay for them.
ALL GUEST POSTS ARE CHARGED A FEE FOR POSTING ON UNITAGGED.
In return, we ask that you also share your guest post on your social media. It will help boost the power of your post.