ClickFunnels is the best digital marketing tool new entrepreneurs and business owners can get their hands on. Not only does the software allow you to create high converting sales funnels where you can sell your products, but it’s also widely used in affiliate marketing. Clickfunnels’ amazing affiliate program is one of the best because they’re paying upto 40% in recurring commissions to their affiliates.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to use Clickfunnels for affiliate marketing. You’ll learn how to combine their great affiliate program and sales funnel builder, to maximize your profits as an affiliate marketer. You’ll also discover that you don’t need your own product to use Clickfunnels, which a lot of people think. Let’s get started, first we’re going to talk about what Clickfunnels is…
You might also like: How To Make A Full Time Income With Affiliate Marketing
What Is ClickFunnels?
Clickfunnels is the tool created to free all entrepreneurs from overpriced web designers and lazy salesmen. It’s an all-in-one tool that helps entrepreneurs, digital marketers and business owners to market, sell and deliver their products online. Clickfunnels is basically the only thing you need to run your business on the internet.
Clickfunnels is designed in a way so that anyone can build, design and launch their own sales funnel, without any experience. The days of hiring coders, web designers, and marketing agencies are over. Clickfunnels has made it easier than ever to get your business online.
You might be thinking ”All this sounds great, but what does it mean?”. That’s a good question. By using Clickfunnels means you have everything you need to make money online. Whether you’re a fresh entrepreneur or a large business owner, this software allows you to create a sequence of web pages which are designed to turn your visitors into paying customers. With Clickfunnels you can increase the average cart value of each customer and decrease your operation costs. It’s a win, win!
It was created back in 2014, since then ClickFunnels has gradually improved and turned into a $100 million a year business and as of April 2020, they have over 100,000 active members.
Here’s What ClickFunnels Specializes In:
- Guide potential customers straight to the service or product they’re searching for.
- Turn visitors into leads, then leads into customers.
- Guide the site’s visitors step-by-step through the entire sales process (on autopilot).
- Help entrepreneurs to create beautiful sales funnels to sell and promote their products online.
ClickFunnels also offers users to create their own funnels such as bridge funnels which are used to pre-frame cold traffic before sending them to an affiliate offer to increase conversion rates. And Sales funnels, which is an intricate process and method that allows entrepreneurs to convert their visitors into leads and eventually generate those leads into customers.
As you can see Clickfunnels can be used to many things, if you want to learn more about the software click the link below and read the article:
Related post: What Is Clickfunnels? Full Explanation
Step-By-Step Guide In Using ClickFunnels For Affiliate Marketing
1. Setup Your ClickFunnels Account
This step is only for those who don’t have a ClickFunnels account, if you already have an account, disregard this step.
ClickFunnels offers a free 14-day trial so you can get familiar with the software before you start paying for it. Here’s how you create an account using this offer:
- Go to their website, ClickFunnels.com (Click here) and choose the option “Start Free 14-day Trial Now.”
- Enter the necessary details indicated.
- Choose a plan that’s to your liking.
- Upon choosing a plan, input payment details such as debit or credit card information. You’ll be charged after the free trial ends (you can cancle any time).
- You will be shortly redirected to your dashboard.
2. Choose An Affiliate Product To Promote
Choose an affiliate product of your liking, these products can be found in Clickfunnels Affiliate dashboard. If you would like to promote something different from Clickfunnels products, you could join other affiliate networks.
I recommend choosing a product that offers free training because the chances of converting a visitor into a lead are higher since it gives them the option of trying out the service or product before purchasing it.
Tip: Collect the email addresses of your visitors and gradually nurture their interests by sending them emails periodically. This can generate leads into sales easier.
I highly recommend you check out the FREE Affiliate Bootcamp made by some of Clickfunnels highest paying affiliates. It’s a free training where they teach you their strategies on how to succeed as a Clickfunnels affiliate and how to achieve good results sooner. Click on the link above to get started immediately!
3. Customizing And Making Your Funnel
After selecting the product, the next step is to build your funnel. It’s important to note that your funnel should only have two pages, the landing page, and the thank you page/bridge page. This is what we call a bridge funnel, which helps you sell your affiliate products easier…
Here are the simple steps to follow in making your funnel:
- Go to ClickFunnels dashboard and find “Click Funnels” in the menu bar and go to the “Funnels” option and click “Add new”.
- You may choose “Create New Funnel” that lets the you create your own customized funnel or “Start Cookbook”, that features 22 different types of pre-made funnel templates.
These funnels are readily available though and made easier by ClickFunnels. You can get pre-made funnels here and transfer them directly to your account.
- Landing page – Editing and personalizing landing pages has been made easy by ClickFunnels. Their editor is easy to use and navigate. The landing page should be fairly simple and include an optin form and a Call To Action (CTA) button. You can create a lead magnet to trade for emails, this can be a free video, ebook, pdf etc.
- Thank you page – After customizing the landing page, it’s time for the second page which is the thank you page. This page is shown when visitors subscribed at your opt-in page or submit their email address. On the ”thank you page” you should include your affiliate link and send you leads to your affiliate product’s sales page.
Tip: The thank you page should consist of a personalized thank you message and a video that promotes your affiliate product which is related to the lead magnet on the landing page.
4. Create Your Email Marketing Campaign
To construct an email marketing campaign to your funnel, you need to create a list, draft emails, and create an automated email sequence (autoresponder). I highly recommend you use GetResponse to handle all of you email marketing. That’s the service I use myself and I’m quite happy with the results they produce. You can check it out and start a 30 day free trial on GetResponse here.
- Creating a list – This list comprises of those visitors who submitted their email addresses. To create a list, go to the option “Lists” indicated on the menu inside GetResponse. Once you’ve created your list, you’re set to go.
- Drafting emails – The next step is creating email drafts, aslo known as an email autoresponder. These emails will be sent automatically to your leads after they’ve opted-in on your landing page. This is also super easy to do in GetResponse.
- Remember this: To make sure the email addresses to your visitors will be sent to your email list, you need to integrate GetResponse with ClickFunnels. It’s a very simple process, and you can find a lot of guides on YouTube.
And there you have it, your own sales funnel for affiliate marketing is done. If you would like to get all of this in a step-by-step course I can refer you to one of my mentors Anthony Morrison. His Course Partner With Anthony will guide you through this complete process of setting up your affiliate marketing funnel in Clickfunnels and the emails in GetResponse. He will show you how to integrate GetResponse With Clickfunnels and how to finish the whole funnel. You’ll also receive free email swipes and optin pages, from his personal library. Click the button below to watch his free presentation.
Increasing Traffic To Your Funnel
After creating your funnel, you will have to start generating traffic. Without traffic no business can succeed. Thats why this step is very important. Here are some methods you can use to increase traffic to your funnel.
1. Open Forums (e.g. Quora)
Take advantage of open forums, answer questions regarding affiliate marketing and so on. Especially on Quora, since most of the questions on Quora rank top on Google, making it easier for people to find. Answer some of these questions and link your sales funnel in them to increase traffic and generate leads.
2. Solo Advertisement
There a lot of marketplaces where you can purchase solo advertisements that are highly targeted and can generate a ton of leads and sales. I personally use Udimi. They have a lot of vendors with great email lists to choose from. P.S. When you create an account on Udimi with this link you get a $5 giftcard right away (it’s totally free to sign up):
With solo ads you’re guaranteed to get the traffic you pay for. It usually costs around $0.40 – $0.80 per visitor sent to your funnel. Which is fairly cheap compared to Facebook ads where it costs $2.50 for every visitor generated.
3. Social Media Platforms
The easiest and most efficient way of generating traffic to your funnels are with the use of social media platforms. A lot of people dedicate their time to these platforms making it easier to drive traffic towards your funnel.
Popular social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are some of the best platforms to use to increase organic traffic because they all have millions of active users.
4. Paid Advertisement
In addition to using social media platforms, you can also take advantage of their paid advertising offers. This is the most common way online business owners sell products online. P.S. I wouldn’t recommend you start paying for ads unless you know what you’re doing. A lot of people lose money because they don’t know how to setup the ads correctly.
Now that we have discussed how to set up your ClickFunnels account for affiliate marketing and seen methods that you can use in increasing traffic to these funnels, did you know that ClickFunnels have their own Affiliate marketing program? Read on to find out how you can join and earn upto 40% in recurring commissions.
ClickFunnels Affiliate Program
Earlier we’ve provided you with a guide on how to set up a ClickFunnels account, and the moment you signed up you’re already a part of the ClickFunnels affiliate program. It’s a program where ClickFunnels allows their users to sell products and earn up to 40% commissions.
ClickFunnels provide a high commission rate that has helped past promoters earn six-figures and more. Here is an overview of the ClickFunnels Affiliate Program.
Benefits When Signing Up For ClickFunnels’ Affiliate Program:
- ClickFunnels offer their affiliates 40% recurring commissions on their monthly accounts.
- ClickFunnels provide a 5 % commission for every monthly account referred by a promoter, with their two-tier affiliate program. This means you can refer new affiliates to Clickfunnels and get paid when they make sales.
- ClickFunnels also offer bonus prizes such as leasing a car in their Dream Car program. When you’ve referred 100 active users to Clickfunnels they will give you an extra $500/month to pay for you dream car, and when you reach 200 active members they’ll give you an extra $1,000/month.
- Clickfunnels affiliate program is also free to join, making it available to anyone who want to try out affiliate marketing.
The Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing
There are a lot of benefits with affiliate marketing, down below I’ve listed the ones I think are most important. Let’s take a look:
- Little to no Overhead Needed: All affiliate programs are free to join, and you don’t need to manufacture your own products. All you do is promoting other companies products, so a lot of the expenses which comes with running a business expires.
- No Customer Service, Manufacturing or Employees: Since you don’t run the business, you don’t need to handle any of the customer service, manufacturing or employees.
- Independence. Flexibility. Convenience: Affiliate marketing is a business model which is very independent. You don’t need to show up for work everyday since you can work from anywhere in the world, at any time. And you don’t have a boss!
- Separates Time From Money: By creating an income source online you have the ablility to separate your time form money. You don’t get paid for the amount of hours you work, but the value you give.
- Infinite Scale: There is no end to how big you can grow your affiliate marketing business. You can scale it to the infinite. How much work are you willing to put in?
- Passive Income: Affiliate marketing is one of few business models that lets you create passive income online. Since it’s so independent and flexible, you really have the chance to setup a system which makes money on autopilot. Learn how to make passive income with affiliate marketing here.
- Anyone Can Get Started: Affiliate marketing is a very beginner friendly business model. The upfront costs are minimal, and you don’t need a lot of experience to get started.
I highly recommend you try out affiliate marketing, it’s a great model to follow if you want to earn an extra income online without taking a lot of risks. If you want help to get started I want to give you an opportunity to join my mentors affiliate marketing training (he has actually made several millions online). You can click here to join his course. It’s $7 to enroll, and he will show you step-by-step how to setup your own affiliate marketing system that can make you passive income in the future. Click the link above right now to check it out!
(This was the first course I took to learn affiliate marketing, and it changed my life).
ClickFunnels’ Share Funnel Feature
This is a feature in ClickFunnels that lets you share your funnels with others. Funnels you have created using your account will generate a unique share funnel URL.
When someone clicks on your URL if they don’t have an account, they may take advantage of ClickFunnels’ free 14-day trial plan and you will receive an affiliate commission for bringing in the new user to ClickFunnels. (This is a great method to use in your affiliate marketing).
Now that we’ve familiarized ourselves with ClickFunnels’ affiliate program, what are the ways we can promote our affiliate offers? We’ve established that using funnels, this is an excellent way to promote offers online, but what type of funnels can we exactly utilize for better promotion and profit? Read on to find out more.
What Is A Sales Funnel?
A sales funnel (revenue funnel or sales process) is a purchasing process that lead your customers through the sales process when buying a product from you. In simpler words it is a website that consists of several pages that’s designed to convert your traffic into paying customers.
Using sales funnel helps to break the customer’s journey into smaller stages and it allows companies or business owners to be more precise on when and how to present their offers.
The key to an effective sales funnel strategy is to engage and provide increasing value to your prospects throughout each stage
AIDA (the Awareness/Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action) Model
AIDA guides potential customers through their purchasing endeavors, converting the initial attraction to the product into buying it.
The first stage of the sales funnels where the brand grabs the attention of a new audience by offering a valuable baseline offer or with the use of content marketing.
The second stage of the sales funnels process, is where the brand will start making a deeper relationship with their prospects. Business owners can start giving out preliminary solutions resulting in the consumers experiencing “quick wins” and eventually become more engaged.
In the third stage, visitors who have reached this stage will show more than a keen interest, they’re now convinced they need bigger solutions concluding that they need to purchase the product to solve their problems. The brand shows how their offer can solve these problems.
The final stage where the consumers have finally decided to purchase products or services to aid them in their problems. Owners still need to reinforce the value of their offer.
Implementing the AIDA model with Sales funnels can and will maximize your profits, and it’s considered the backbone of all successful marketing campaigns.
ClickFunnels lets business owners and entrepreneurs create high converting and clean sales funnels. Everything needed to create, design, and launch funnels is provided by ClickFunnels, they have pre-developed and automatically generated different types of funnels, to ensure smooth and fast set up. Claim your 14 day free trial on Clickfunnels to try it out yourself.
What Is A Bridge Funnel?
A bridge funnel is a method or strategy that helps affiliate marketers pre-frame cold traffic towards their affiliate offer. This strategy is useful since you don’t control the pages displaying the offers of the products you’re promoting.
The bridge funnel connects two different but related ideas for the customers, or pre-frame the product the business owners want to sell. This pre-frame bridge gives the business owners the ability to presell these products or affiliate offers before sending them into a funnel they don’t control. Here’s what a bridge funnel looks like:
Example: Bridge Funnel
- The affiliate or network marketer is selling a product for a company that helps people lose weight by putting their body into ketosis.
- The product they’re looking to promote, may have a squeeze page that tells them the number 1 weight loss trick that helped the person lose over 40 pounds in under two weeks.
- They go to the opt-in page and opt-in, then on the bridge page, they should have a video explaining that the person lost the bodyweight by getting their body into ketosis, and the best way to get into that state is by using a product from the company mentioned.
- Then the affiliate would link from the bridge page over to the funnel where they can purchase the product. Now you’ve pre-sold your visitor, making it more likely that they’ll purchase your affiliate product on the sales page
ClickFunnels is loved and used by many, from beginners to veteran affiliate marketers, they offer various services that make affiliate marketing easier. With their many benefits, it’s no wonder many people opt for ClickFunnels when generating sales funnels and other types of funnels for promoting their products.
It’s an all-in-one marketing platform intended to aid entrepreneurs and digital marketers; they give these individuals full control over every single stage of their customer’s purchasing journey.
We hope this guide helped you in answering your question on How to Use ClickFunnels For Affiliate Marketing. Good luck on your journey!