Why You Might Need To Report A Problem
Instagram is amongst the most popular of social media websites, and enjoys enormous amounts of traffic and users everyday. It has several different facets and functions available to its users, so it’s no surprise that sometimes things go wrong, and you may find yourself needing to get in touch with Instagram to let them know so they can find ways to fix it. Many websites rely on users reporting problems so the technical teams can sort them out.
Check It’s Broken
This should be the first step, before you contact Instagram to tell them anything about it. Make sure the problem you’re encountering isn’t a problem on your end. There are a few different ways you can do this.
- Restart the device you’re using, and then check whether you’re still experiencing the issue.
- Try the browser if you’re using the app, or vice versa. See if the issue appears on both, as this will let you give the technical team more information.
- Ask friends if they are also experiencing the problem, to check it’s not just you. If others are having similar issues, it’s likely caused by something at Instagram’s end, and you should then look at reporting it.
- If you still aren’t sure, consider deleting the app from your device and then reinstalling it. This should clear up most glitches on your end, so if there are still problems, it’s time to contact the Instagram team.
Reporting a Problem on Instagram
All websites have ways to get in touch with a technical team if something isn’t work, but this can vary a bit between websites, and differs depending on whether you’re using the browser version or the app. To report an issue on the app, try this:
- Open the app, and then go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal white dots, which you should see in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll until you see the ‘Support’ section, and then tap on ‘Report a Problem’.
- You’ll get an option to ‘Send Feedback’ or ‘Report a Problem:’ again, click ‘Report a Problem.’
- Describe the issue you’ve encountered with plenty of detail, so the technical team will have all the relevant information to help them pinpoint the issue. If you’ve experienced it on multiple accounts, let them know.
If you want to contact them via the browser, open Instagram and you will find the ‘Support’ button at the bottom of the screen.
You can also contact Instagram via their email, email@example.com, but this does not always seem to elicit a response. They are also contactable via Facebook or Twitter, so there are lots of options to get in touch with them if you need to report a problem, even if Instagram itself is down for you and you can’t access those suggested above. Getting in touch helps Instagram understand issues better, especially if you provide plenty of information, and lets them work on faster solutions.
Should Read: Best Times to Post on Instagram [Get Organic Interactions! -2020]