No matter what happens in the world markets or with the economy, one thing is for certain — the world of dating and relationships is going to keep on strong! From online dating sites like eHarmony, Match and everything in between, the business and growth from these sites never seems to end.
The reason is simple. Every day thousands of people are dating for the first time or getting married, divorced or going through the ups and downs of their relationships. It’s the one constant that we can all rely on, no matter what is happening in the world around us. At the same time, we can also rely on one other thing — that there will always be services out there to compliment the ups and downs and love and relationships in the world today.
Before the internet, this was market was heavily dominated by therapists, lawyers, divorce attorneys and relationship counseling. Now anyone can share their expertise, guides and resources, while also being a fraction of the cost of what a one-on-one with a counselor or lawyer might be.
This is where opportunities lies for affiliate marketers and entrepreneurs.
How to Make Money with Online Dating Offers
One of the best ways to learn how to make money through affiliate marketing is with online dating offers. The concept is usually simple, refer a new user to a dating site and get paid a compensation of around $1-$4 for each valid signup. The reason why the dating industry is a great place to get started with is because dating sites are free to join and there are a number of them to choose from. From a marketing and targeting standpoint, this audience is relatively easy as well.
I’ve covered online dating many times on this blog, so I will simply reference my best articles for you here:
Each of the articles and methods above will help you with promoting dating offers online, however, these same methods can be used to promote higher paying relationship based offers as well.
Earning Higher Commissions Off Dating & Relationship Guides
Getting a user to signup for a dating offer is easy, but if that’s your only form of advertising and monetization you are still leaving a lot of money on the table. After all, what’s about everyone who is already dating or married? If you are already having experience with online dating offers, it shouldn’t be too hard for you to play around with some of your existing ad campaigns and test out dating and relationship on a CPS basis as well.
For example, let’s take a look at a simple search through Google Keyword Planner for the word “relationship”. Right away we can see thousands of people are searching for various terms relating to relationship problems, marriage counseling, love advice and much more.
As you can see, the audience is there, now you just need to cater to their needs and put a solution in front of them.
ClickBank is probably the best place to start making money in the relationship space since they pay super high commissions and there are a bunch of products already catered to this audience. One such offer that would be perfect for this type of marketing is “The Relationship Building Package“, which pays out a ClickBank maximum of 75% on every $49.95 sale. This comes out to $33.90 in commissions for each sale generated.
Once you’ve found a program worth promoting, you will then need to decide on how you want to promote it. Here are a few options that usually work well.
- Content Site – Creating a site based around the contents of a ClickBank product or relationship guide is a great idea, but one that will take some time to develop. The benefits here is that you can rank organically within the search results and get people to your site that are looking for relationship advice.
- Facebook Targeting – There are a ton of opportunities with Facebook, thanks to their awesome demographic targeting. Through Facebook Ads you can target men/women, based on their age, location and marital status. All important factors when building out pre-sell landing pages or ad copies that relate with your target audience.
- Plenty of Fish Advertising – POF is an online dating network that has a self-serve advertising platform just like Facebook Ads — but on steroids when looking for dating targeting options. Through POF advertising you can sort your ad targeting by hair color, body type, income and much more. By the way… everyone on POF is looking for love!
- Pay Per Click Marketing – While most search engines won’t allow you to direct link to an affiliate offer directly, it doesn’t mean you can’t create your own landing pages or sites to pre-sell the offer. This would also work if you were building out your own content site and trying to establish it with paid traffic. To find success with PPC and pushing affiliate offers, you would want to go long tail so you can have the most targeted traffic as possible while also lowering your competition and PPC rates.
- Media Buying – Another option is to invest some money in media buying. This can be done through Google Adwords and displaying banner ads on relevant sites or even buying popunder traffic on other relevant dating/relationship sites.
No matter what method you choose, it’s all about testing and seeing what works best. In the case of “The Relationship Building Package”, you are looking at a $33.90 commission per sale. If your cost per click average is under .50 you will only need to convert 1 out of every 60 visitors into a sale to make a profit. The key is to make sure you are going after the right traffic and maximizing your click through rates to lower your costs.
As with all affiliate marketing, it’s simply a numbers game. Just one sale per day on an offer like the one above could result in extra $949.20 per month in revenue. Should you multiply those earnings, you would then see a revenue stream like the ones below. The traffic is already out there, you just need to build a campaign and keep split testing til it’s profitable.
The dating industry is now valued at over $2.4 billion dollars, and the demand for such services and products isn’t slowing down any time soon. To learn more about “The Relationship Building Package” and how to setup your affiliate links, simply visit theiraffiliate resource page or find them within the ClickBank marketplace (search for “relationship building”).