You’ve probably been told a number of times how important backlinks are to the success of your business. Without backlinks, your website will never be found in Google, Yahoo! or Bing – simple enough to understand. But, there are millions of websites out there and any one of them can link to you – what makes one better than the next?
There are many factors to consider. Here are just a few things that boost the value of a backlink to your website:
- Relationship – How does the website relate to yours? Is it related to the topic of your website? If not, it is considerably less valuable. Look for websites that similar to yours in content and execution. Avoid websites that look poorly built or that offer a mishmash of content on various topics.
- Credibility – How credible does Google or Yahoo! consider your backlink to be? Is it from a free blogging network like Blogspot or is it a direct link from CNN or the New York Times? Source and credibility matter. Lower value links are not necessarily bad, but big time news sources and directories are much more valuable.
- Age – How old is the link and how old is the website on which the link is located?
- Page Rank – Does the website linking to you have a high Page Rank? What about the specific page on which your link is located?
- Placement – There is some disagreement about how much of an impact placement has on backlink value. However, if the backlink is in the first 20% of the page’s code, it’s more likely to be seen than if it’s at the bottom – this alone makes high page placement valuable.
- Paid vs. Organic – Finally, do you pay for your links? Google doesn’t want paid links affecting its search results. If it’s obvious you pay for a backlink, it won’t be as valuable for organic SEO.
What’s the Most Valuable?
With all of these details in mind, what are the most valuable backlinks on the Internet? A link directly from a website that ranks well for the keyword you are targeting. For example, if you’re trying to rank well for “nike air sneakers”, the best link you can get is on the front page of the number one site in Google for “nike air sneakers”.
Obviously, this isn’t always possible. Affiliate marketing sites rarely achieve the echelon of success needed to appear on top tier sites like Nike.com or Amazon. But, by using these criteria to breakdown the value of a link – relevance, credibility, and placement – you can choose domains that provide far greater value than a forum profile link or a blog comment ever could. Don’t get too caught up in building a large number of backlinks at the expense of link quality.
Meteora Automation Tool to Boost Instagram Engagement and Sales
By now, it’s been clearly proved that Instagram isn’t something of a wet squib. It has exploded on the social media scene like a big bomb, and gone on to become one of the fastest growing social networks. All kinds of product-based businesses and influencers from...
Instagram 5xx Server Error – What is that mean? [Explanation]
No website can avoid running into the occasional glitch and problem, and when you consider how vastly complicated many social media websites are, it’s not surprising that their users encounter lots of different errors and difficulties at various times. There are so...
Instagram Live Isn’t Working, Why? [Quick Fix – 2020]
What Is Instagram Live? Social media websites are always looking for new tools and features to appeal to their users, and Instagram is certainly no exception to that rule. Instagram Live panders to the trend of immediacy, and also creates a sense of urgency to be...
Instagram, Reporting A Problem (How can you report?)
Why You Might Need To Report A Problem Instagram is amongst the most popular of social media websites, and enjoys enormous amounts of traffic and users everyday. It has several different facets and functions available to its users, so it’s no surprise that sometimes...
Instagram Hashtags Not Working [Solution – 2020]
Why Use Hashtags? Hashtags are one of the biggest trends on the internet right now. They’re a very useful tool which allows people to collate related data, connecting it across different channels and cutting through some of the noise generated by social media’s...
Instagram Won’t Let Me Log In [How to fix it? – 2020]
Social media is becoming increasingly popular, and Instagram is amongst the top ones, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t run into issues occasionally. These can occur on the browser, the app, or both, but no matter what, they often lead to frustration and time wasted...
Instagram Keeps Crashing When I Open It [Solution – 2020]
If you, like most people, find yourself checking your phone compulsively for updates, new pictures, posts to favourite, and are generally a social media addict, you may find that you do run into the occasional frustrating glitch, even with your favourite programmes....
What is Instagram Blocking Limit? – Instagram Blocking List Details 
If i ask you about the rising trend in the world of technology what comes to your mind? Instagram, isn’t it? As a result of its Facebook purchase, Instagram has been developing day by day. The application first came to be known with the photo sharing feature and in...